Policies & Procedures:
Direct the development and oversee the implementation of operational policies covering all areas of Continuous Improvement so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service to customers.
Budgeting & Cost Control:
Direct the preparation of Continuous Improvement budgets and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues, areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon.
Document, review and optimize all business processes and chart out the flow (including inputs and outputs).
Developing and Measuring Benchmarks and Standards Metrics:
Collect data for developing benchmarks and standards for any given process. Measure the actual processes and compare (evaluate) to developed benchmarks.
Development of New and Improved Processes:
- Identifies areas throughout the organization where there are considerable gaps within business processes, unnecessary complexities and significant room for improvement.
- Develops new or optimized processes which may result in higher efficiency, lower cost, increase in revenues, enhanced productivity, improved engagement and better value-addition to stakeholders.
- Takes ownership for the implementation of any newly introduced or optimized processes and measure their impact.
- Identifies trends and process variations as part of establishing a continuous improvement monitoring system.
- Ensures Process Owner involvement in development and team leadership.
- Assists Process Owners in identifying barriers to project success and helps to drive changes when needed.
- Directs and facilitates the ongoing lean improvement process using standard techniques such as Kaizen, 5S.
- Develops and maintain annual value stream mapping efforts, CI plans, and calendars.
- Works without supervision while providing technical guidance when required on managing projects and/ or programs within desired cost, time and quality parameters.
- Delivers own small-scale or medium-scale projects by working within an established program management plan.
- Manages the delivery of a major part of the organization's project management program, while taking personal responsibility for a few business-critical projects.
Ensure the effective achievement of Continuous Improvement objectives through the leadership of the Continuous Improvement – setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal – in order to ensure that the highest level of performance is achieved.
- Develops and/or delivers a plan for a specific area of responsibility by managing others.
- Provides primary supervision to a team performing routine work.
- Builds a high performing team by ensuring that the team is focused, motivated and inspired to achieve team objectives. Specifically, promotes team effectiveness; for example, supporting and encouraging inputs and new ideas from the team.
Safety, Quality & Environment:
Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the factories and SRMC premises to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude.
Document and record all the above in order to develop a database within the organization which related to the improvement of processes.
Developing and training project managers and quality specialists under him to be able to handle projects in Continuous Improvement on their own.