As a Civil Engineer, you are responsible for project management, professional/technical engineering, engineering design and review, standards survey work, inspections and using engineer software applications.
Other duties and responsibilities:
• Prepares and approves designs for projects in accordance with general engineering principals and standards; determines scope, designs, prepares drawings, specifications, bidding documents, contracts, and cost estimates for projects; conducts and coordinates design and construction surveying.
• Conducts construction inspections, reviews and approves contractor pay requests; reviews and processes construction change orders.
• Provides design data for surveying, and engineering applications using (CAD); word processing; spread sheet;), and uses appropriate computer hardware; responsible for the data input and production of digital maps, surveys, engineering drawings, and special database reports.
• Determines selection criteria and works with purchasing staff to select engineering consultants and contractors; specifies parameters and determines scope of work for consultants and contractors; reviews and approves work conducted by consultants; reviews and approves consultants pay requests.
• Provides technical assistance and consults with other departments regarding engineering functions.