Internal Recruitment Policy
The purpose of the internal recruitment policy is to ensure that:
- Internal applicants are given priority and provided with the opportunity to apply for vacancies and achieve career progression within or amongst Alturki and its subsidiaries.
- The most suitable applicant for a job role is selected and offered the role based on that person being the best fit against the job requirements.
- All applicants are treated in an objective and consistent way.
- All subsidiaries are required to advertise internal career opportunities to their employees.
2. Definitions and Abbreviations
Falcon Program: A program used in Alturki Holding and its subsidiaries for talent acquisition including: system, processes, and sharing our elements of being an employer of choice to our potential external, internal, and referred candidates.
The purpose of Falcon program is to have the best talent in the market joining Alturki Holding and/ or its subsidiaries.
Falcon System: Online recruiting system which gives the ability to identify top candidate quickly and reduce delays with offline recruitment methods. Falcon program enable the candidate to track the recruitment process through his/her applicant center.
Falcon System Coordinator: Creates requisition on behalf of the requestor.
Falcon System Administrator: Responsible for the performance and management of Falcon program.
Hiring Manager: Requester of the manpower requirement, he/she will be able to review shortlist of candidates, fill interview forms and review the offer.
Candidate: individuals (external applicants, internal employees) who apply for jobs on Falcon program and get the opportunity to be part of Alturki and its subsidiaries.
Applicant Center: A page that is part of Falcon System where an applicant can track his job applications and know the detailed status for each application.
3. Functions of Falcon System
- Alturki and its subsidiaries follow a progressive policy of giving existing employees first opportunity to apply for vacancies.
- Every vacant position will be advertised internally for 10 days from the start of the application process.
- The Falcon program will have a unique link for internal recruitment that will be shared with employees through different channels and we encourage our employees not to share it with anyone else than the employees of Alturki and its subsidiaries.
- Employees should browse the Falcon program for available jobs. In case of no suitable job, there is a feature on the Falcon program named “Future Jobs” where employees can register their interests for specific jobs.
- An employee wishing to apply for a vacancy must first register on the Falcon program online and complete the application process. No offline application will be accepted.
- When applying to an internal job the employee should have a minimum of 12 month as duration of service.
- The hierarchy position of the future job should be equivalent of his/her previous role’s level or up to two levels higher.
- The employee can apply for vacancies and attend the interviews without his current line manager’s approval. However, the current line manager will be consulted before an offer is sent. In case of rejection, a valid reason should be provided noting that all rejections along with their justifications will be shown in a special report that will be presented to the MD/ CEO of the company.
- Additional supporting information such as performance record will be taken into consideration. Any current disciplinary action will also be considered as well.
- Clear closing dates for applications will be advertised for each vacancy.
- Upon applying for a job, the internal applicant will receive acknowledgement email of the application to his/her email (either to the company or personal email depending on the data provided during the registration process) and will get feedback on the request throughout the recruitment process.
- If selected for the vacancy, the starting date of the employee must be agreed upon between the current line manager and the future line manager.
Falcon compiles reports in respect of its activities for submission to:
- The HR committee on a monthly basis.
- The Talent Acquisition Manager on a weekly and monthly basis
5. Implementation of this Policy
This policy is effective as of 22nd of April 2015.
6. Internal Recruitment Policy Work Flow